Monday, July 7, 2014

7/7/14 Random MTG musings

I haven't played Modern in a couple of weeks.  I woke up really early on the morning of Saturday 6/28, and couldn't fall asleep again.  So I wasn't in any condition to want to drive 45 minutes to Pacifica to play.

On July 4th, I drank a pint of Affligem triple, and two Anchor Steam Old Foghorn.  I woke up on Saturday 7/5 with a nasty headache, that didn't go away until 8 pm.  So there was no chance I was going to play in a tournament that day, either.  

That being said, I don't feel confident enough with RUG Twin to play in the Modern PTQ at Eudemonia on Saturday 7/26, or the Modern PTQ in Oakland on Sunday 8/17.  I want to play more RUG Twin to practice it but it seems really unlikely I'll get more time to practice it, with the prerelease coming up on the weekend of 7/11 and 7/12, M15 drafts on the weekends, and M15 Game Day on Saturday 8/8 (maybe also Sunday 8/9).  

This is what I currently need to finish out Melira Pod:

4 Verdant Catacombs
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Noble Hierarch
2 Voice of Resurgence
1 Ranger of Eos
1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
2 Orzhov Pontiff
1 Entomber Exarch
2 Chord of Calling
1 Thoughtseize

I can borrow the Verdant Catacombs from my Legacy Jund deck, and the Misty Rainforests from my Modern RUG Twin deck.   I can borrow the Voice of Resurgence from my Standard Hexproof deck, and the Thoughtseize from one of my Standard decks. 

This is what I need to finish Legacy Jund (which isn't actually a good deck, but since I have most of the pieces left over from when I played Modern Jund, it's ok).

I'm already borrowing the Tarmogoyfs from my RUG Twin deck to fill out my Legacy deck, but that's ok because I rarely play Legacy as it is.  

2 Wasteland
2 Wooded Foothill
2 Bayou

No comments:

Post a Comment