Tuesday, July 29, 2014

7/28/14 Drafting a pile of cards (M15 draft 2-1)

I headed over to Versus Games to play in another draft.  I ended up getting there early thanks to there being no traffic.  Unfortunately, I didn't bring the Nintendo 3DS or any books to read, so I ended up spending a bunch of time staring at a wall.  It sucked.

P1P1:  Rare was Shivan Reef.  I picked Heat Ray.

P2P1:  Rare was Sliver Hive.  I picked Altac Bloodseeker.

P3P1:  Rare was Grindclock.  I think I picked a Goblin Roughrider (that's how bad my deck ended up)

DECK:
Black:
1 Witch's Familiar
1 Xathrid Slyblade
1 Accursed Spirit
1 Rotfeaster Maggot
2 Shadowcloak Vampire
------
2 Crippling Blight
1 Flesh to Dust
1 Covenant of Blood
1 Unmake the Graves

Red:
1 Borderland Marauder
1 Torch Fiend
1 Altac Bloodseeker
1 Goblin Roughrider
2 Krenko's Enforcer
1 Scrapyard Mongrel
1 Thundering Giant
-----
1 Crowd's Favor
1 Inferno Fist
1 Heat Ray

Artifact:
1 Juggernaut

Lands:
9 Mountain
8 Swamp

Sideboard:

White:
1 Tireless Missionaries
-----
1 Solemn Offering
1 Triplicate Spirits

Black:
1 Blood Host
-----
1 Eternal Thirst
1 Festergloom

Red:
1 Forge Devil
2 Foundry Street Denizen
1 Wall of Fire
1 Miner's Bane
-----
2 Hammerhand
1 Lava Axe

Green:
1 Runeclaw Bear
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Siege Wurm
-----
1 Verdant Haven
1 Hunter's Ambush

This deck really could have used another Borderland Marauder, or a Generator Servant.   Also I am feeling like Shadowcloak Vampire is not super good since in racing situations where you need to pay the life cost, since it's only making 2 damage life difference.

Match 1:  BG (1-2)

Game 1:

Lost to Siege Wurm + Ancient Silverback.

Game 2:

I get the nut curve out.   Turn 2 Borderland Marauder, he drops a Typhoid Rats, then I drop turn 3 Altac Bloodseeker into Forge Devil to kill his Typhoid Rats and give my Bloodseeker +2 power, haste, and first strike.   I play a Witch's Familiar next turn, and have Hammerhand to seal the deal if he plays any blocker.

Game 3:

Opponent used Hunt the Weak from to kill my Shadowcloak Vampire.

Killed Ancient Silverback with topdeck Flesh to Dust, after he tapped out of green and left up a swamp.   I could have used Heat Ray instead, but he might have had Gather Courage (which I passed earlier).

My opponent chump attacks his board into my Xathrid Slyblade and Rotfeast Maggot, then he drops Perilous Vault and uses it.

I drop Altac Bloodseeker with Inferno Fist, while he's tapped out.   Then he drops Cruel Sadist, I pop the Sadist right away, he follows up with Accursed Spirit.   Of course, I topdeck Crippling Blight next turn.  I end up drawing 3 straight lands, and he plays Necromancer's Assistant and Siege Wurm to seal the deal.

Match 2:  UR (2-1)

Game 1:

Game 2:

Lost to Quickling/Illusory Angel.

Game 3:

He kept a slow hand, and I

Match 3:  BG (2-0)

This guy was on my left.  Apparently he jumped into black because I passed him 3 Endless Obedience.

Game 1:

Krenko's Enforcer did 16 points of damage here.   Witch's Familiar with Inferno Fist did the other 4 damage.  He blocked my Witch's Familiar with Black Cat, then used Giant Growth.  I pop my Inferno Fist in response, targeting his Black Cat.  I think he didn't realize how that worked.

Game 2:

Krenko's Enforcer with Inferno Fist did 18 points of damage.  Sweet.

Traded 4 Nykthos for:

3 Yavimaya Coast
3 Battlefield Forge
1 Caves of Koilos

Traded 3 Boros Charm for:

1 Shivan Reef
2 dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment