Saturday, July 19, 2014

7/19/14 I saw the sign (actually I didn't) (M15 draft 1-2)

I went back to Versus Games again, after a 2 month hiatus.

P1P1:  Liliana Vess.  (still had all deez)  5 dollars in value.  I <thought> black was open, but apparently the the person on my right was in black.   I got passed a Preeminent Captain, so I thought white might be open.  Apparently three other people were in white.

P2P1:  Rare was Battlefield Forge.  I don't remember what I took.  I know the Battlefield Forge wheeled, so that was nice.  2.50 in value.

P3P1:  Rare was Yavimaya Coast.  I don't remember what I took.  I passed up 3 dollars in value.  This card did not wheel.

I saw a Genesis Hydra and a Kalonian Twingrove pass by.  So disgusting, apparently nobody was in green from my right.  :(

DECK:

White:
1 Oreskos Swiftclaw
1 Dauntless River Marshal
1 Wall of Essence
1 Preeminent Captain
1 Razorfoot Griffin
-----
1 Ephmeral Shields
1 Pillar of Light
1 Devouring Light
1 Return to the Ranks

Black:
3 Typhoid Rats
2 Carrion Crow
2 Witch's Familiar
1 Necrogen Scudder
1 Paragon of Open Graves
-----
1 Sign in Blood
1 Flesh to Dust
1 Unmake the Graves
1 Lilliana Vess

Artifact:
1 Juggernaut

LANDS:
8 Swamps
8 Plains
1 Island

Sideboard:

White:
1 Heliod's Pilgrim
-----
1 Oppressive Rays
1 Pillar of Light
1 Meditation Puzzle

Blue:
1 Quickling

Black:
1 Leeching Sliver
-----
1 Festergloom
1 Endless Obedience

Red:
1 Krenko's Enforcer
------
1 Blastfire Bolt

Green:
1 Satyr Wayfinder
1 Shaman of Spring
1 Roaring Primadox
-----
1 Hunter's Ambush

Artifact:
2 Bronze Sable
1 Staff of the Death Magus
1 Staff of the Flame Magus

Lands:
1 Battlefield Forge

Match 1:  UR mono-rare (1-2)

Game 1:

I had a removal spell for his Illusory Angel, but I lost to Hoarding Dragon.

Game 2:

Game kinda got stallish, with my opponent playing Hoarding Dragon, Illusory Angel, Siege Dragon, and Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient (!).  I had some timely removal spells, plus Lilliana Vess.  My opponent scooped when Lilliana Vess hit 8 loyalty.

Game 3:

Opponent just had more threats than I had answers, and sealed the deal with Into the Void.

Match 2:  UR (2-0)

Game 1:

This game got super grindy with my opponent playing Paragon of Gathering Mists and Amphin Pathmage.  Fortunately, my opponent missed a bunch of Research Assistant ability usages, so I was able to slowly grind this game to my advantage, with Typhoid Rats, Unmake the Graves, and Return to the Ranks.

Game 2:

We both mulled to 6, but apparently all my opponent wanted to play was a Rummaging Goblin, and a turn 6 Glacial Crasher.  Pillar of Light got rid of the Glacial Crasher, and I beat him down with my army of 2/1 and 2/3's.  Heh.

Match 3:  WG (0-2)

I knew I was in for rough time, because of how open green was during this draft.

Game 1:

I had removal for both of his Siege Wurm, but Hornet Queen + Geist of the Moors wore me down.

Game 2:

He played Paragon of the Eternal Wilds which sucked for me, since I had boarded into Festergloom for his Hornet Queen.  I had to use Flesh to Dust on his Paragon, instead of his Ancient Silverback, just so I could get rid of the Hornet tokens + Oreskos Swiftclaw + Elvish Mystic with Festergloom.  I ended up losing to Ancient Silverback because I couldn't draw one of my three exile effects.

Result:  1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment