Sunday, November 2, 2014

10/31/14 3spooky5me Halloween standard and DKA/INN/INN draft (1-2, 2-0-1)

Gamescape North wasn't doing anything on Halloween, so I went over to Anime Imports to play in the standard, then got dinner before going to the Innistrad draft.

I played Jeskai aggro again.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2014-10-31-jeskai-windowscleaner/

Match 1:  Sultai control (1-2)

Game 1:

Mulled to 5, didn't draw a 3rd land until turn 10.  So I lost.

Game 2:

Burned my opponent out, but it was close.  
Game 3:

Lost to Feed the Clan, plus DOUBLE negate.  If I topdecked a burn spell I could have still killed him.  Died to Polukranos + Raksasha Deathdealer.

Match 2:    Jeskai heroic ascendancy (2-1)

Game 1:

Lost to Jeskai Ascendancy + a swarm of tokens from Launch the Fleet and Akroan Crusader.

Game 2:

Had Banishing Light for Jeskai Ascendancy this time, and killed him with double Seeker, then Rabblemaster, and Arc Lightning for the win.

Game 3:

My opponent made like 8 tokens, but I was trading damage with him, and I killed him with Stoke the Flame into Jeskai Charm.

Match 3:  Naya good stuff (1-2)

Game 1:

I kill my opponent with Mantis Rider and burn spells, like I'm supposed to.

Game 2:

My opponent plays Wingmate Roc and Stormbreath Dragon, I lose. He gains way too much life off his attacks.

Game 3:

My opponent plays double Stormbreath Dragon, and Wingmate Roc.  I lose.   If I had topdecked a burn spell I would have won (he was at 3 life).

Result:  1-2

$4 store credit

DKA/INN/INN draft

P1P1:  Thalia, Guardian of Thraben over Drogskol Captain

P2P1:  Moorland Haunt

P3P1:   Battleground Geist over  Back from the Brink.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2014-10-31-dkainninn-draft/

Person on my right dropped out of the draft before the first match even began.  He wanted to join a KTK draft that was firing.  Person on my left appeared to be in black/red.  

Match 1:  Sultai good stuff (1-1 draw)

Game 1:

Mull to 4, lose to Grimgrin. 

Game 2:

Win off double Battleground Geist.

Game 3:

I get blown out by Thalia trading with Abbatoir Ghoul, then my opponent playing Woodland Sleuth.  Tricksy.

Match tied, because my opponent plays Spider Spawning and flashes it back.  Ugh.

Match 2:  Azorious stuff (2-1)

Game 1:

Win with flyers

Game 2:

 Lost this game

Game 3:

Win with flyers again

Match 3:    RG wolves (2-1)

Game 1:

Opponent got color screwed apparently.

Game 2:

I lose to Instigator Gang.

Game 3:

This game gets a bit grindy, with my opponent playing turn 3 Elder of Laurels, and turn 4 Orchard Spirit.  I ultimately win thanks to flyers/bounce spells.

Result:  2-1

I split the third round, so I ended up with $12 store credit from that

I spent 29 dollars on tournaments, 41 dollars on food.  Got $16 store credit out of the deal.   Not exactly a good trade, but I was entertained for roughly 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment