Thursday, November 20, 2014

11/20/14 I should have stayed home, 0-3 Modern

I decided to play Yiwen Song midrange.

Match 1:  Affinity (1-2)

Game 1:

My opponent plays a turn 3 Ensoul Artifact on Darksteel Citadel, and I go to 5 life, but somehow I manage to turn the game around and win.  Despite the fact that he has Spell Pierce for my first Cryptic Command.

Game 2:

He played a Signal Pest into Cranial Plating.  I played a 5/6 Tarmogoyf.  He played a second Cranial Plating, and I said "sure" which he interpreted as that resolves.  I wanted to Mana Leak but he said it was too late.  I was like uggg.  Of course I can''t deal with taking 10 damage from his double Cranial Plating, so I concede. 

Game 3:

He plays double Etched Champion with metalcraft, into double Arcbound Ravager.  Easy game easy life.

My opponent offered to write down that I won the match, but I told him I don't care.  I take my loss in stride.

Match 2:    Jund (0-2)

Game 1:

Lost to a turn 2 Bob that gains him 5 cards in advantage.  Yeah.

Game 2:

Kept a 2 lander on the play, he plays a Fulminator Mage and I proceed to not draw a 3rd land until I'm at 7 life and have to play Threads of Disloyalty on his Tarmogoyf (untapped).  Of course, he has Abrupt Decay and I lose.

Match 3:  Birthing Pod (1-2)

It was fated that I would play against my friend, again.  Of course, this time I was playing a deck that was softer to Birthing Pod, than G/R tron was.

Game 1:

He plays a turn 5 Archangel of Thune, with Spellskite backup.

I try to play a Snapcaster Mage into Forked Bolt into Lightning Bolt to kill his Spellskite, but I mistap my mana, so I scoop in shame.

Game 2:

Won off Blood Moon.

Game 3:

 Lost to the Spike Feeder + Archangel of Thune infinite Combo.  I killed the Spike Feeder with Electrolyze (he removed 2 counters in response of course).  Then he played Reveilark.  Which I knew he could just return his Spike Feeder to play with it.  I played Anger of the Gods killing his Reveillark and two other creatures.  I probably should have just waited until I could draw Relic of Progenitus, so I could clear away his graveyard with Spike Feeder.  Of course, he plays Archangel of Thune next turn, and I scoop.   Relic of Progenitus was the next draw in my deck.

Result:  0-3

I am pretty frustrated now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment