Saturday, November 22, 2014

11/21/14 The Definition of Insanity, KTK draft 2-0-1

I got four hours of sleep the previous night, because I was stressed out because my Tarmogoyf got pilfered at Anime Imports.  I went to a draft at Gamescape North, anyways.

P1P1:  Rakshasa Deathdealer.

P2P1:  Rare was Meandering Towershell, but I took Sandsteppe Citadel.

P3P1:  Rare was Deflecting Palm.

My deck was kinda poor, with the only win conditions being 2 Alabaster Kirin.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2014-11-21-ktk-draft-deck/

Match 1:   Sultai stuff

Game 1:

I win off Rakshasa Deathdealer into Sultai Flayer into Pine Walker.

Game 2:

I lose to Swarm of Bloodflies and removal spells.

Game 3:

I win because of creature beatdown, again.

Match 2:  5 color

Game 1:

Abzan Guide + Become Immense = GG, especially once I also play Kin-Tree Invocation post combat to make a 10/10 Spirit Warrior. 

Game 2:

Lose because I'm stuck with three white cards in hand (Ainok Bond-Kin, Kill Shot, Alabaster Kirin) and none of my six white sources.

Game 3:

He plays a turn 2 Archer's Parapet in his 5 color deck.  

Game goes to time.  Sigh.  Now I can't win the promo card.

If I had an extra turn I could beat him with Dazzling Ramparts to tap down two of his guys (assuming he didn't play another blocker).

I might have punted the turn I attacked with my Sultai Flayer and my morphed Woolly Loxodon.  And then I decided to play a Pine Walker instead of flipping the Woolly Loxodon, then he played Bring Low on the Loxodon.   But I think it didn't matter because the judge called time (begin extra turns) when I played Pine Walker. 

Match 3:   Mardu stuff (2-0)

I got paired up.  I had 1 win, 1 draw.  I played against a guy with 2 wins. 

Game 1:

I win off Pine Walker and Woolly Loxodon.  It doesn't even matter that I forget to play Woolly Loxodon as a morph turn 4.  Woops.

Game 2.

I go down to 4 life thanks to Act of Treason + Unyielding Krumar with Molting Snakeskin and Ride Down.  But I eventually stabilize and CRUSH.

Result:  2 wins, 1 draw.  4 packs and no promo card, even though I beat the only undefeated person in my draft pod.  Booo.

No comments:

Post a Comment