Sunday, November 2, 2014

11/2/14 Lazy Sunday KTK drafts (1-2, 1-2)

I had a slight headache.  I went to Versus Games to draft at 1 pm and 4 pm.

Draft 1:

P1P1:  Abzan Battle Priest over Jeskai Ascendancy.

P2P1:  Murderous Cut over Howl of the Horde.

P3P1:   Took some card over Mardu Ascendancy.

Passed a couple of kill shots.  Passed one Kill Shot for Woolly Loxodon, passed the other Kill Shot for mana fixing.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2014-11-02-ktk-draft-deck-1/

Person on my right was Abzan.   Person on his right was also Abzan.  wtf.   Person on my left was Temur.

Match 1:  5 color Jeskai Ascendancy

Game 1:

Lost to Jeskai Ascendancy and Feat of Resistance and Hordeling Outburst.  Sweet.

Game 2:

Lost to Jeskai Ascendandy and Feat of Resistance and Take Up Arms and Ride Down. Sweet.

Match 2:   Temur (2-0)

Game 1:

I blow my opponent out when he goes for Savage Punch on my Abzan Battle Priest, because I play Smite the Monstrous to kill his Alpine Grizzly.  He plays Icy Blast with Ferocious but I still win.

Game 2:

He plays Icy Blast with Ferocious but I still win.  I have Abzan Battle Priest and Ainok Bond-kin and Armament Corps and Abzan Guide.  boyksValue

Match 3:  Abzan splash red (2-1)

Game 1:

 This game gets kinda grindy but I manage to win thanks to 7/7 Kin-Tree Invocation token and 6/7 Woolly Loxodon, and Dragonscale Boon for lethal when I swing out.

Game 2:

Lost to turn 3 Tuskguard Captain into turn 4 Brave the Sands.  My opening was just way too slow.

Game 3:

I got punished for playing Murderous Cut on my opponent's Woolly Loxodon EOT.  I should have waited until my turn, and used Rite of the Serpent to kill it.  Then my opponent played Rush of Battle into Become Immense when I blocked his Krumar Bond-kin with my 4/3 Ainok Bond-kin, so he gained 19 life because he attacked with his Krumar Bond-kin and Bellowing Saddlebrute.   That sucked.  Of course he kills me with Crater's Claw when he's at 19 life.  I think he would have been dead if I had saved Murderous Cut in response to Become Immense. 

Result:  1-2

The salt is real. Fortunately, the first draft ended right just as the draft 2 started.

Draft 2:

P1P1:  Took Ghostfire Blade over Mardu Charm and Hordeling Outburst.

P1P2:   Got passed Flying Crane Technique.

P2P1:   Passed Villainous Wealth.

P3P1:  Took Ride Down over Narset.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2014-11-02-ktk-draft-deck-2/

Match 1:   Jeskai (1-2)

Played against the same guy from Match 3 last draft.

Game 1:

My opponent has a TON of tricks (double Temur Charm, and Winterflame) and kills me with Crater's Claw.

Game 2:

Win even though it was still a close game, thanks to Ghostfire Blade and Ride Down and Waterwhirl.

Game 3:

Lost to Crater's Claw, when I had him DOB next turn.  Gah.

Update:   I realize I punted during one of these games, when I had face-down Mystic of the Hidden Way and face-down Glacial Stalker in hand.  I equipped Ghostfire Blade to my face-down Glacial Stalker, and he popped a Scaldkin.  I had mana to flip up my Glacial Stalker in response, but I didn't, probably because I forgot Glacial Stalker costs 5 to flip.

Match 2:  Jeskai (2-0)

Game 1:

My opponent has turn 2 Jeskai Elder and all the tricks.  Of course, I eventually manage to outclass his guys with my creatures.  

Game 2:

This game was a lost closer.  With my opponent playing turn 2 Jeskai Elder again, and then turn 6 Riverwheel Aerialists.  Using Set Adrift, Waterwhirl, and Treasure Cruise into Force Away and Flying Crane Technique, I win. 

Match 3:  Temur (1-2)

Game 1:

Kept a 1 lander on a mull to 6, proceed to die because I can't draw two more lands.  I should have mulled to 5 IMO.

Game 2:

Won thanks to flyers.   I bounced his guy with Force Away in response to Savage Punch, and time walked him.

Game 3:

Lost to Dragonscale Boon and Burn Away and double Hordeling Outburst.

No comments:

Post a Comment