Monday, October 27, 2014

10/27/14 Getting savagely smashed, KTK draft 1-2

I went to Versus Games for the 7 pm KTK draft.

P1P1:  Polluted Delta over Chief of the Edge
P1P2:  Sandsteppe Citadel over Nomad Outpost and crap.
P1P3:  Kin-Tree Invocation over Opulent Palace.   

I just end up taking mana fixing, thinking I'll go five color.

Black cards dry up in this pack.  I start moving into blue/green.

P2P1:  Howl of the Horde was the rare. I don't remember what I took.
P2P3:  Savage Knuckleblade.  Now I badly need red mana fixing.
P3P1:  Ugin's Nexus was the rare.  I think I slammed a Rugged Highlands.

Final deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2014-10-27-ktk-draft-deck/

I didn't quite get enough mana fixing to make Temur great.  Also I was missing Snowhorn Riders (but I would also needed the Swiftwater Cliffs or Thornwood Falls to make that work).

Mistake:  I passed a third Mystic of the Hidden Way for a Mistfire Weaver. 

Also I think this deck needed a Barrage of Boulders (I passed one).  

Match 1:   4 color stuff

Game 1:

Lose to Kheru Lich Lord and flyers.

Game 2:

Lose to Rakshasa Vizier, Rakshasa Deathdealer, and Dead Drop.

Match 2:  4 color stuff

Game 1:

I board into Temur Ascendancy for this game. 

Opponent plays a Sorin, and gains 11 life from it, but I still manage to win, after killing Sorin. 

I win off a hasty Tusked Colossodon from Temur Ascendancy (and a draw a card for value). 

Game 2:

I end up with a durdly draw, and he's got some removal spells.

He plays Abomination of Gudul and Sultai Scavenger and I have no answers.

Game 3:

Barely beat the opponent, thanks to EoT Temur Charm on Archer's Parapet, swing for lethal.

Opponent 

Game 3:

Match 3:   5 color stuff

Game 1:

Keep a 3 lander on the play, died to Alabaster Kirin and Shambling Attendants.

Game 2:

Opponent played High Sentinels of Arashin, I manage to kill it with Savage Knuckleblade into Savage Punch, but didn't have red mana to haste Savage Knuckleblade to attack that turn.  

Game gets super grindy with my opponent playing Shambling Attendants into Rotting Mastodon into Longshot Squad and Incremental Growth, then a Woolly Loxodon.  I bounce his Longshot Squad end of turn, topdeck Temur Charm, play it, and he concedes.

Game 3:

Ended up losing to Longshot Squad + Ainok Bond-kin into double Woolly Loxodon.   Ainok Bond-kin and Longshot Squad basically shut down all my offense.

Result:  1-2

I had Temur Ascendancy in the deck for one game, but took it out for Weave Fate aftterwards.  I felt like I wasn't playing enough 4+ power guys to trigger it, like Snowhorn Rider or Woolly Loxodon.   Maybe I have played both of the Whirlwind Adepts, just to trigger Temur Ascendancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment