Friday, October 3, 2014

10/3/14 Staying in middle of the road, and getting squished (KTK FNM draft 2-1)

I went to Gamescape North for the KTK draft.  I left early today, getting to the store around 5:30 p.m.  I thought the store was pretty quiet but then it turned out 40 people showed up.  The event also started 30 minutes late.

P1P1:  Polluted Delta

P1P2:  Suspension Field over Ainok Bond-kin

I end up making some mistakes I think.  I took Mardu Charm 4th pick.

P2P1:  Howl of the Horde.  I think I first picked Swarm of Bloodflies over Sultai Scavenger. 

I took Mardu Ascendancy in this pack over Ride Down and Mer-ek Nightblade.  Seeing as I ended up not playing the Ascendancy at all, I should just have taken the Nightblade. 

P3P1:  Crackling Doom 

P3P4:  Herald of Anafenza.  Wow.  

I passed a couple Disowned Ancestors during the draft.  I suspected that the black/white outlast deck was not open, which made sense, because I was seeing a lot of people in black/white at the table after the draft was over.  Geez.

[DECK]
White:
1 Herald of Anafenza
1 Jeskai Student
1 Ainok Bond-kin
1 Seeker of the Way
1 Alabaster Kirin
2 Salt Road Patrol
1 Sage-Eye Harrier
1 War Behemoth
-----
1 Suspension Field
1 Kill Shot

Black:
1 Ruthless Ripper
1 Bellowing Saddlebrute
1 Krumar Bond-Kin
-----
1 Murderous Cut

White/black:
1 Chief of the Scale

Red/white/black:
1 Mardu Roughrider
-----
1 Mardu Charm
1 Crackling Doom

White/Black/green:
1 Armament Corps
1 Abzan Guide
-----
1 Abzan Charm

Lands:
 6 Plains
5 Swamp
1 Mountain
2 Wind-Scarred Crag
1 Scoured Barrens
1 Jungle Hollow
1 Blossoming Sands
1 Sandsteppe Citadel

Sideboard:

White:
1 Venerable Lammasu
-----
1 Erase
1 Siegecraft
1 Take Up Arms

Black:
1 Sidisi's Pet
1 Swarm of Bloodflies
1 Rakshasa's Secret

Green:
1 Naturalize

Artifact:
1 Jeskai Banner

Red/white/black:
1 Mardu Ascendancy

Lands:
1 Polluted Delta
3 Dismal Backwater
[/DECK]

Match 1:  Mardu mirror 2-0

This guy didn't know what his cards did.  So it was not really a challenge. 

Match 2:  Mardu mirror 0-2

Game 1:

This guy has mono-removal spells.

Lost to Arrow Storm into double Ponyback Rider into double trumpet Blast.  

Game 2:

Lost to double Arrow Storm.

Match 3:  Temur big stuff

Game 1:

Ended up losing the game with 3 red cards stuck in hand, and none of my red sources.

Game 2:

I thought I might lose this game as well, but he ends up making a bunch of weird blocks/chump blocks.

Game 3:

Opponent chose to draw first, and kept a 3 lander.  He never drew any more lands.

Result:  2-1

Opened my packs, got Mardu Ascendancy + Surrak Dragonclaw

My current record with KTK limited (after the prerelease)

2-2
0-2 drop
1-2
1-2
2-1

So currently I'm going 6 out of 14 in KTK limited matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment