Monday, August 4, 2014

8/4/14 All the rares but none of the luck (M15 draft 0-2 drop)

P1P1:  Took Siege Dragon over Devouring Light and Lightning Strike.  There were no other cards I would consider taking besides the three mentioned.

Got passed an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but took Triplicate Spirits instead.

Took a Seraph of the Masses over Turn to Frog.

Got a 5th pick Into the Void.

P2P1:   I don't remember what I took this pack honestly.

P3P1:  Perilous Vault over Borderland Marauder.  This was probably wrong, but I felt like I needed a boardwipe.

I got passed the Polymorphist's Jest second pick pack three.

I got passed the Goblin Kaboomist and the Burning Anger pretty late.

Rares:
Siege Dragon
Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient
Goblin Kaboomist
Mercurial Pretender (foil)
Jalira, Master Polymorphist (last pick)
Polymorphist's Jest
Perilous Vault

Deck:
Blue:  10
1 Research Assistant
1 Welkin Tern
1 Aeronaut Tinkerers
1 Wall of Frost
1 Amphin Pathmage
1 Paragon of Gathering Mists
-----
1 Peel from Reality
1 Divination
1 Polymorphist's Jest
1 Into the Void

Red:  10
1 Torch Fiend
1 Goblin Kaboomist
1 Rummaging Goblin
1 Krenko's Enforcer
2 Kird Chieftain
1 Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient
1 Siege Dragon
-----
1 Hammerhand
1 Burning Anger

Artifact: 3
1 Hot Soup
1 Gargoyle Sentinel
1 Perilous Vault

Lands:  17
8 Island
7 Mountain
1 Forest
1 Evolving Wilds

Sideboard:

White:
1 Heliod's Pilgrim
1 Seraph of the Masses
-----
1 Triplicate Spirits

Blue:
1 Coral Barrier
1 Jalira, Master Polymorphist
1 Mercurial Pretender
------
1 Mind Sculpt
1 Negate
2 Encrust
1 Chronostutter

Black:
1 Mind Rot

Red:
1 Foundry Street Denizen
1 Belligerent Sliver
1 Miner's Bane
-----
1 Crowd's Favor
1 Lava Axe

Artifact:
1 Staff of the Flame Magus

Match 1:  UR (0-2)

Game 1:

I keep a 2 lander on the play, with Goblin Kaboomist, and a few 3 drops.  I just need to draw either mountain or island to turn on my hand.   I end up dying to 2 Welkin Tern, Nimbus of the Isles, and Jace, the Living Guildpact.

Game 2:

Lose to Aetherspouts + Jace, the Living Guildpact.  Great.

I should have boarded into Coral Barrier this matchup.  I forgot about doing that.

Match 2:  GW (0-2)

Game 1:

My opponent curves out with Elvish Mystic, Kinsbaile Skirmisher, Warden of the Beyond, Hunt the Weak on his Warden and my Aeronaut Tinkerer into Devouring Light when I double block his Warden of the Beyond, then Sunblade Elf for the rubins.

Game 2:

I mull to 6, keep 4 lands, Evolving Wilds, Polymorphist's Jest.  I block his Kinsbaile Skirmisher with my Torch Fiend, he uses Ephmeral Shields.  Using Polymorphist's Jest would just be a 2 for 1 anyways.  I use Encrust on the Kinsbaile Skirmisher, he topdecks Invasive Species to bounce his Skirmisher.

I end up losing to Invasive Species with Divine Favor and Sungrace Pegasus with Divine Favor.

Opponent gives me the "good game" and offers the handshake.  I handshake him and say "good game" back then walk over to the store owner to tell him I'm dropping.

Result:  0-2

I drop out of this tournament.  Clearly I am unable to play the game correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment