Thursday, January 29, 2015

1/29/15 ooh SHINY (FRF-KTK-KTK draft 2-0-1)

P1P1:   Atarka, World Render (foil) over Sandsteppe Mastodon.

I messed up this draft by accidentally taking the Scoured Barrens from the first pack when I take the token out.  The people at the table got super mad about it, but I wasn't intentionally trying to steal mana fixing.. 

P2P1:   Polluted Delta for VALUE.

P3P1:   I think this was Rattleclaw Mystic.  Not sure. 

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2015-01-29-shiny-dragons-frf-ktk-ktk-2-0-1/

Match 1:  UW (1-1)

Game 1:

Barrage of Boulders with Dragon-Style Twins and Summit Prowler drops my opponent to 2 life, then next turn, I finish him with Arrow Storm.  

Game 2:

Got down to 6 life due to Mistfire Weaver attacking me.  I had played Atarka, World Render, then my opponent played Singing Bell Strike on it and swung with Mistfire Weaver.  I got down to 3 life, then next turn he swung with Mistfire Weaver again, I untapped my guy, and ate his Mistfire Weaver.  Then he played an Abzan Skycaptain.  Then he played a second Abzan Skycaptain.  I played a tapland to go up to 4 life.  But I was still in trouble, if he had a bounce for Atarka.  So I Arrow Storm'd one Skycaptain, flipped up Jeering Instigator to gain control of the other one.  He had a Arashin Cleric and a Ainok Bond-kin (no counters on it).   I also have a morphed Mystic of the Hidden Way, a Rageform mountain (so it's basically a 2/2 double strike) and another dude. 

I swung with my team, he has Sandblast to kill my Atarka (I didn't play around a second Sandblast) then my swing only takes him down to 4 life.  He kills me on the backswing with his left over 2/2 Skycaptain and now 4/3 Ainok Bond-Kin.  Agh.  Maybe I should have left a dude back.  

I get told that it was time, so there is no time to play a game 3.  So neither myself nor my opponent are getting a pack prize this round.  Ugh. 

Match 2:  Grixis (2-0)

Game 1:

Opponent plays a Silumgar turn 6, I swing with Snowhorn Rider, a 4/3 Frontier Mastodon, a 2/2 Morph (jeering Instigator) and a 3/1.   I finish my opponent off with Arrow Storm.

Game 2:

I swing with a 7/7 Dragon-Style Twins and a 4/3 Summit Prowler for the win.

Match 3:   Sultai (2-0)

Game 1:

Opponent plays a turn 1 Kin-Tree Warden into turn 3 Tuskguard Captain.

He plays Death Frenzy to kill my Goblin Heelcutter, Jeering Instigator, and Bloodfire Expert, and his Kin-Tree Warden.  Ugh.  

I play a Rageform.  He plays Whisperer of the Wilds.  During my turn, he plays Grim Contest.  I respond with Awaken the Bear, swing with a 5/5 double Striker.

Then I play an Atarka.  He scoops.

Game 2:

My opponent keeps a 2 lander.  I go Abzan Beastmaster into Summit Prowler into Dragon-Style Twins.  My opponent scoops again.

Based on my opponent's reaction after the draft, I can tell he's pretty upset with me.  *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment