Friday, January 16, 2015

1/16/15 The salt is real (KTK draft 2-1)

This was the last KTK draft at the Gamescape North.  Turnout was pretty low;  26 people. 

I ended up in the draft pod with a known complainer/know it all type.  Greeeat.

Anyways, here's how my draft went:

P1P1:   Clever Impersonator
P1P2:   Ivorytusk Fortress
P1P3:   Highspire Mantis

P2P1:   Master of Pearls

P3P1:   Thousand Winds

I think I could have drafted a decent Jeskai deck, but I decided to take green and black cards for some god awful reason.  Also most of my fixing was Temur. 

Match 1:  Abzan

I don't remember much about this match, but I won in 2 games.

My opponent mentioned that he went undefeated in his last draft.  Cool story bro.

Match 2:  Jeskai complainer

My opponent keeps mentioning I could concede to him.  I tell him to stop.

Game 1:

Lost to double Singing Bell Strike into dudes into Jeskai Charm into Rush of Battle.  I played Feat of Resistance for the first Singing Bell Strike, and my opponent said it was a lousy play (among other comments about my plays). 

Game 2:

Lost to dudes into Rush of Battle into Briber's Purse.  I kinda punted the match by not playing a land during one of my turns.

I say "gg" and he offers a handshake.  Trying to not to dwell on it, I accept.  Whatever. 

Match 3: 

Game 1: 

We trade off a bunch of creatures.  My opponent plays double Scout the Borders.

I show off Clever Impersonator and Master of Pearls.

Eventually I topdeck Winterflame, tap down his flying blocker, swing with Alabaster Kirin + Clever Impersonator ftw.

Game 2:

I'm on the play again, but apparently my opponent concedes to Tuskguard Captain into Kin-Tree Warden into Snowhorn Rider into Whirlwind Adept.  I didn't want to play out my Ivorytusk Fortress into open blue mana (Disdainful Stroke or Cancel). 

Result:  2-1, two booster packs.

Meh.  Unfortunately, the guy who was a complainer, goes to the drafts every week, so I'm bound to run into him again.  But hopefully I won't lose next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment