Saturday, September 6, 2014

9/5/14 I got soul, but I'm not a soldier (FNM M15 draft 2-1)

This was the last M15 draft scheduled at the LGS.  

P1P1:  Opened a pack with Soul of Shandalar, Cone of Flame, and Lightning Strike.  I ended up taking Soul of Shandalar, and the person on my left forced mono-red.

P1P2:  I took Borderland Marauder over Brood Keeper.

P1P3:  I took Netcaster Spider over Constricting Sliver.

P1P5:  I took Welkin Tern.

P2P1:  I took Welkin Tern over Cruel Sadist.

P2P2:  I passed up a Chord of Calling for a Paragon of Gather Mists.   I didn't realize Chord of Calling is worth 8 dollars in paper.  PUNT

P3P1:  I took Burning Anger over Stoke the Flames.

P3P7:  I got a Kird Chieftain.  No Evolving Wilds in my draft pool, unfortunately.

Deck:

Red:  13
1 Forge Devil
1 Borderland Marauder
2 Generator Servant
2 Krenko's Enforcer
1 Kird Chieftain
1 Soul of Shandalar
-----
3 Inferno Fist
1 Burning Anger
1 Heat Ray

Blue:  10
1 Research Assistant
3 Welkin Tern
1 Frost Lynx
2 Amphin Pathmage
1 Paragon of Gathering Mists
 -----
1 Peel from Reality
1 Jace's Ingenuity

Lands:
8 Mountain
8 Island
1 Forest

Sideboard:

White:
1 Selfless Cathar

Blue:
1 Fugitive Wizard
-----
1 Chronostutter

Black:
1 Xathrid Slyblade
-----
1 Festergloom

Red:
2 Torch Fiend
1 Rummaging Goblin
-----
1 Hammerhand
1 Lava Axe
2 Blastfire Bolt

Green:
1 Netcaster Spider
1 Reclamation Sage
1 Siege Wurm
----
1 Hunt the Weak
1 Restock

Artifact:
1 Staff of the Flame Magus

Land:
1 Swamp (foil)

Match 1:  UB (2-0)

Game 1:

Overrun opponent with turn 2 Borderland Marauder into turn 3 Krenko's Enforcer into turn 4 Welkin Tern.  I ended up 2 for 1'ing myself to kill his Jorubai Murk Lurker, but it was fine.  

Game 2:

Overran my opponent again, he only played Child of Night and Jorubai Murk Lurker.  I had Heat Ray to kill the Lurker.  

Match 2:  Mono-red (0-2)

Game 1:

Lost to turn 3 Goblin Rabblemaster, and land flood for days.

Game 2:

Opponent had turn 4 Goblin Rabblemaster, I had a Heat Ray for it, but it didn't matter, I ended up losing to Miner's Bane.

Match 3:  UB (2-0)

Game 1:

Opponent mulled to 6, and I won off Welkin Tern + Amphin Pathmage.  I had Inferno Fist for his Accursed Spirit, and Forge Devil for his Welkin Tern.

Game 2:

I mulled to 5.  Opponent blew me out with Festergloom killing my two Generator Servants.

Beat the opponent down with Amphin Pathmage, Borderland Marauder, and Research Assistant with Inferno Fist.

Result:  2-1


No comments:

Post a Comment