Monday, June 16, 2014

10/25/13 (flashback Modern tournament post, 3-1)

List I played was Reid Duke Jund (from GP Detroit).

DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
1 Forest
3 Marsh Flats
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Overgrown Tomb
2 Raging Ravine
1 Stomping Ground
2 Swamp
3 Treetop Village
4 Verdant Catacombs

4 Dark Confidant
4 Deathrite Shaman
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Tarmogoyf
1 Blightning
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Maelstrom Pulse
1 Pillar of Flame
2 Terminate
3 Thoughtseize

2 Chandra, Pyromaster
4 Liliana of the Veil


Match 1: Living End 2-1

Game 1:

Lost to Demonic Dread into Living End.

Game 2:

Won off Tarmogoyf and burn. 

Game 3:

Won off Deathrite Shaman and Grafdigger's Cage. Plus my opponent seemed a bit screwed on land, and Liliana of the Veil did work on his hand. 

Match 2: UW life-gain 2-0

Game 1: 

Opponent played two Elixir of Immortality and a Silvercoat Lion. I bolted the lion, and killed him with Tarmogoyf.

Game 2:

Bolted another Silvercoat Lion. 

I got the Liliana of the Veil Ultimate off on him, putting him down to 2 lands. Scoop. 

Match 3: Splinter Twin 0-2
A terrible matchup for me, since I don't have any Torpor Orb, Combust, or Abrupt Decay in my 75. Needless to say it was a massacre.

Match 4: Jund mirror 2-1

Game 1:

Won off opponent taking a bunch of damage from his own shocklands + Dark Confidant. I made a mistake regarding his Chandra, Pyromaster, killing it suboptimally. I killed him with double Treetop Village. 

Game 2:
Lost to Batterskull + Chandra, Pyromaster + Raging Ravine.

Game 3:

Opponent got a bit landscrewed, and I swung into him twice with a 5/6 Tarmogoyf. He Abrupt Decay on my Goyf, but Deathrite Shaman, Dark Confidant and Pillar of Flame got there. 

Result: 3-1 in matches, 3rd out of 14. Six booster packs for my time. 

Lack of Abrupt Decay or Combust really hurt against Twin. I should have kept hands with Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek and just hope he had no counters. 

I won a couple games by doming opponents with Pillar of Flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment